Beef or Chicken Fajitas
Posted on Jun 20, 2014
- 1 ½ Lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts or 1 ½ Lbs. beef flank steak
- 1 (12 oz.) Mexican beer (such as Cerveza Tecate, Dos Equis or Corona)
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper – optional
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 bell peppers, diced (Green, Orange, Yellow, and Red)
- 2 onions (Vidalia is best), diced
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic or cloved
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- corn, wheat or flower tortillas
- sour cream (low-fat or fat-free)- optional
- guacamole (optional)
- shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese or Colby and Monterey Jack cheese – optional
- 2 whole jalapeño peppers
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 8 lg. limes
- 4 sliced in halves and 4 lg. limes, sliced quarters
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt - 1 cup of Albert’s Mexican hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of Franks Red Hot (optional)
- Trim fat from chicken and or steak. Cut steak and or chicken in thin strips.
- Take 1 tbsp. of olive oil and coat/grease down the inside of the Texas Gwok or the Texas Fajita Cooker
- Add to Texas Gwok... 1 (12 oz.) Mexican beer (such as Cerveza Tecate, Dos Equis or Corona)
- Add 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper – (optional) along with ½ stick of butter. 1 tbsp. garlic salt. 4 bell peppers, diced (Green, Orange, Yellow, and Red.) 2 onions (Vidalia is best), diced 3 tbsp. minced garlic or clove 1 tomato, diced. 2 whole jalapeño peppers. 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped.
- Cook for about 10 minutes
- Add steak or chicken and 1 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro. Cook until done to your satisfaction.
- Serve with the above left over (optional) ingredients/toppings of your choice along with corn, wheat or flower tortillas. Enjoy!