South Texas Breakfast Tacos
Posted on Jun 24, 2014
- 4-8 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 strips of bacon cut into small pieces
- 3 sausage patties
- 8-10 eggs scrambled
- 1-potato cut into cubes
- 1 can of beer
- 1 ½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional ingredients: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce &/or Alberto’s Hot Sauce.
- Over medium-high heat, pour olive oil into grill, add potatoes and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add 1 can of beer; continue stirring/flipping potatoes for an additional 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Move potatoes to edge of grill.
- Add sausage and bacon and cook until brown then move to edge of grill.
- Add eggs cooking until desired consistency.
- Mix all ingredients together, add cheese & serve on flour or corn tortillas.
- Add optional ingredients to taste.