Stan Stevenson's FireDisc Tuna Steaks
Posted on Jun 24, 2014
- Marinade two bigass tuna steaks for one hour in soy, fresh ginger, fresh orange zest and a bit of juice of said orange (or oranges if one were so inclined), ah, yes, and add a dash of sriracha sauce for some zip. Drink wine.
- Add fresh, diced jalapenos at the very end and some sesame oil at the very end. Drink wine.
- Put fresh mint on the Tuna with a good amount of salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the FireDisc and for Ten minutes on high. Drink wine.
- Lower temperature to medium, and put on the mighty Tuna steaks. Drink wine.
- Sear both sides for roughly two minutes in the center-most area of the FireDisc. Drink wine.
- Whilst cooking or beforehand, actually, yes, quite, prepare a salad of mixed greens with diced mango and a light oriental dressing, Asian sesame. Drink yet more wine (red is my choice; white is perfectly acceptable for the less hearty).
- Upon your stovetop, prepare some brown rice with shallots and mushrooms.
- Drink wine, serve up, enjoy yourself immensely, toast the Queen. After several bites, several oohs and aahs, toast Sir Winston and quote that great lion of a man, thusly….General Montgomery to WC, “I don’t drink or smoke, and I am 100% fit. WC replying with utmost dispatch to Monty, “I drink and I smoke and I am 200% fit!”
"Jolly good show with the FireDisc I say, a job well done, ye hale and hearty fellows."