Texas Crab Cakes with Legacy Whisky Tarter Sauce
Posted on Jun 24, 2014
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 20 saltine crackers (crushed to coarse crumbs)
- 2 tblspns butter
- 2 tblspns extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tblspns chopped dill pickle
- 4 tblspns chopped chives
- 1 tblspn Legacy Whisky
- 2 tblspns fresh lemon juice
- 2 tblspns chopped parsley
- Crab Cakes: stir mayo, mustard, salt, black & red pepper until blended. Gently stir crabmeat and cracker crumbs into mayonnaise mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Scoop crab mixture by 1/2 cups into mounds on wax paper. Shape each mound into about a inch round cake. Cover and refrigerate 30 mins.
- Tarter Sauce: stir together all sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter & olive oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes to skillet and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through and golden on both sides, flipping once.
- Serve with lemon wedges & tarter sauce.
- Makes approximately 8 servings.