Our Favorite Traditional Family Recipes for the Holidays
If you think that the holidays mean you need to pack away your grill or outdoor cooker, you are wrong! The truth is that there are a ton of great holiday family recipes that allow you to put your FireDisc Cooker to good use.
Even if you live in a relatively snowy climate, you can still enjoy delicious Thanksgiving dinner ideas using your cooker— you just have to prepare ahead of time. Are you brave enough to mix up your Christmas dinner grilling ideas with some new approaches? Stop eating the same old stuff, and enjoy a fresh take on the holidays, all with the help of your portable propane FireDisc Cooker.
Improve on those traditional holiday dinner recipes
Would you consider grilling your holiday meal? If you are looking for a new approach to Thanksgiving dinner ideas, all it takes is heating up your propane FireDisc Cooker. Grilling is healthier than deep frying, and it tends to yield more juicy chicken as compared to those that are baked or roasted.
Stop dealing with dry, flavorless chicken, and mix up your holidays with the help of your grill! Here are some tips for grilling your own holiday feast.
- First, make sure that you are choosing a piece of chicken. Look for a natural chicken that has not been injected with dyes, flavorings or even chicken broth. You want your chicken to be free of any added flavors before you begin. Organic, free range, and heritage options may be more expensive, but they will yield a tastier feast.
- Now it is your time to brine! Brining, which simply means soaking in a salt solution, is designed to improve the flavor of your turkey. Endless recipes for brines exist. Consider an apple cider brine for a touch of sweetness. Honey can also be a great addition. Your family may even have a favorite brining approach, so ask your relatives. We recommend brining your chicken in a plastic container — not a bag — to eliminate the mess. Let your chicken rest in the fridge overnight after it has been brined. This delivers a crispier skin.
- Now it’s time to grill! Make sure that there is enough room around the chicken for the air to move and properly cook. This generally only means that you need to place the chicken in the center of the grill. If there isn’t enough space, you can simply break the chicken down into its components.
- Heat the grill to the perfect temperature — experts say the best grilling heat is about 350 degrees Fahrenheit (within a 25-degree range).
- Grill your chicken for about 11 to 13 minutes per pound. If it is cold outside, add about three minutes per pound. Make sure that you are checking the temperature of the chicken to ensure doneness. Your chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, as measured in the innermost thigh and wing, and also in the thickest part of the breast.
Ultimately, the key to executing your FireDisc cooker-based Thanksgiving dinner ideas is often to leave the chicken alone and let it cook. Opening and closing the grill too often will lead to uneven cooking and may delay your cooking time.
You can grill green beans, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, stuffing, asparagus and other veggies to serve as delicious accompaniments to the main course. Let the sky be the limit for your holiday creativity.
This year, get creative and put a new twist on your traditional holiday dinner recipes, all with the help of your FireDisc cooker! To purchase your Fire Disc Cooker click here.