- What is a FIREDISC Cooker?
A FIREDISC is the ultimate portable propane cooker. It can boil, blacken, fry, sear and accommodate any recipe or environment you can throw at it.
- Can I contact FIREDISC®?
If you have questions, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com
or call us at (281)-206-2678
- Where can I buy FIREDISC® products?
On our website you can search for a certified FIREDISC® retailer near you
. If there are no retailers near you, simply order online
- I just got my FIREDISC® Cooker, what do I do now?
Simply wash it once with soap and water. Dry it off, set it up per the instructions and owner’s manual enclosed in the box, and you’re ready to cook!
- How tough is my FIREDISC® Cooker?
All FIREDISC® products have been tested to outlast and outperform the toughest outdoor environments on the planet by some of the most respected outdoorsmen in the U.S. Please see the FIREDISC® Ambassador page
- What type of steel is my FIREDISC® Cooker made from?
The FIREDISC® Cooker is made from ultra-high-carbon steel. Carbon steel has similar properties to cast iron, so you treat it the same as your best cast-iron cookware. Plus, it’s easy to clean.
- What’s the coating on my FIREDISC® Cooker?
Each and every FIREDISC® Cooker is powder-coated with a thermoplastic pure silicone resin that’s electrostatically baked on at up to 450 degrees to form a non-penetrating skin compound.
- Will my FIREDISC® Cooker rust?
Left unseasoned, cured and exposed to too much moisture, your FIREDISC® Cooker will rust. In case of rust, don’t worry - it’s only surface rust. It can be easily removed by using Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser & polish or a mixture of baking soda and water, depending on the severity. Remember to always apply a light coating of cooking oil after cleaning to help prevent rust developing.
- How long will my FIREDISC® Cooker last?
If properly cared for and cured, it should last a lifetime. The FIREDISC® Cooker was designed to be a product so durable, you can hand it down to your grandchildren.
- Can I use charcoal with my FIREDISC® Cooker?
No, it’s a gas cooker. No messing around with charcoal. wood chips, lighter fluid or ashes!
- Which propane tanks work with my FIREDISC® Cooker?
The FIREDISC® LP regulator is designed to run off a 16.4-oz. “green” propane tank and is also adaptable to a 20-lb. propane tank by using the 4-foot FIREDISC® conversion adapter LP hose.
- How to attach Propane to your Cooker
- How to fix a low flame
- How to use your wind helmet
- Can I use a universal LP adaptor hose with my FIREDISC® Cooker?
We recommend you use the FIREDISC® 4' ft. conversion adapter LP hose with Gauginator.
- How to use the LP Adaptor
- Does my FIREDISC® Cooker work with natural gas?
- How do I light my FIREDISC® Cooker?
You can light it with a long match (fireplace type) or long lighter. Turn on the propane, then light underneath. Turn off when not in use. Refer to the safety and warranty booklet enclosed in the box
- How hot will my FIREDISC® Cooker get?
The surface temperature varies depending on the 3 cooking zones within the bowl. The center red zone can get up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, the middle orange zone can get up to 300 degree Fahrenheit, and the yellow outer zone can get 150-200 degrees Fahrenheit. If you need more heat,
- What’s the best way to store my FIREDISC® Cooker?
After cleaning and applying a thin protective coating of cooking oil to the walled disc, you can cover your cooker with the FIREDISC® Cover
or store it inside the garage. If you live in a humid region or near salt water, make sure you cover it well to keep it from too much exposure to the air. Always remember to season your disc well before storing for any long length of time.
- How can I hook up the FireDisc to my RV through quick connect?
to view a PDF on directions on how to connect your FireDisc to Quick Connect.
- How many BTUs will my FIREDISC® Cooker produce?
+/- 15,000 BTU's
- What color should the flame from my FIREDISC® burner be?
An efficiently burning blue flame tinged with slight orange is designed into every FIREDISC® product. If you have questions, please contact
our customer service team.
- I noticed what looks like frost on my 16.4 oz. green propane tank. Is this normal?
Yes. Perfectly normal. This will vary based upon weather conditions, altitude and cooking environment.
- The regulator on my FIREDISC® Cooker doesn’t seem to work (or displays low flame or low heat). What should I do?
The regulator and conversion hose is equipped with a gas-leak protection device. If the knob was turned to the low position or pushed in when you attached the 16.4 oz. “green” canister, or if you attached the hose and turned on the 20-lb. tank too fast, it could have sensed a leak and shut down. Please follow these steps with the 16.4-oz. canister:
• Turn off the regulator, making sure the regulator knob is in the full off position. (It should not be pushed down/in.)
• Unhook the canister.
• Double-check the regulator knob to ensure it’s in the LOCK OFF position and cannot be pushed down. Wait 1 to 2 minutes.
• Re-attach the canister to the regulator making sure the knob is in the LOCK OFF position
• Re-light If this occurs with a conversion hose hooked up to a 20-lb. tank, complete the following steps:
• Turn off the regulator, making sure the regulator knob is in the full LOCK OFF position and cannot be pushed down.
• Turn off the main gas valve on the 20-lb. tank.
• Unhook the hose from the regulator and then the tank. Do this in a well-ventilated area away from open flame or sparks, **Do
not smoke since gas will drain from the hose. (You will hear a hissing sound)
• Wait 1 to 2 minutes for the gas to drain from the hose.
• Hook up the hose again to the 20-lb. tank and then the regulator.
• Slowly turn on the 20-lb. tank valve and wait 2 to 3 minutes while the hose fills with gas (You will see the hose flex just a bit as it
• Re-light. For further questions, please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at (281)-206-2678
- Which FIREDISC® Cooker should I buy?
All FIREDISC® products provide the same cooking functionality…beyond that, the height and weight preference is up to you.
- How much does my FIREDISC® Cooker weigh?
- What FIREDISC® accessories go with my cooker?
FIREDISC® provides a wide range of unique accessories for all ranges of cooking functions and is constantly coming out with new and innovative products to purchase. Please check the accessory section
of our website for a full list, functionality and product descriptions.
- How do I clean my FIREDISC® Cooker?
After the initial cleaning of the FIREDISC® Cooker (after unpacking and before using), routine cleaning of your cooker is easy. After cooking, simply wash out the disc with water and wipe clean with a dry towel. If you need to deep clean, simply set the cooker on high and allow the disc to heat for about 8 minutes. In a circular motion, pour a good amount of ice water, including ice, into the disc. Let the water boil and cool down, then wipe the disc clean. Repeat as needed. If stubborn food remains, allow the disc to cool, use a good non-metal scouring brush add salt, scrub clean, rinse, and wipe dry. Using the salt will not harm the seasoned disc. After cleaning, don’t forget to add a light layer of vegetable or canola oil to the disc to prevent rusting.
- Can I use soap on my FIREDISC® Cooker?
only when you first get it for a one time only clean and never again after that! Using soap or chemicals will strip the seasoning from the pan. You can always re-season it, but after you get the perfect cooking surface, why do it over again?
- I noticed the bottom of the FIREDISC® Cooker is black. Is this normal?
After use, the direct flame touching the bottom of the disc will cause it to discolor. No worries; this is normal. The disc is made from 11-gauge carbon steel, so any thought of a hole burning through the disc should be put to rest.
- Should I use a cover on my FIREDISC® Cooker?
To ensure a lifetime of enjoyment, FIREDISC® recommends you care for your cooker when not in use by protecting it with a FIREDISC® Cover
- Can I incorporate my FIREDISC® Cooker into an outdoor kitchen?
Yes, many customers have done it. FIREDISC® recommends you contact a professional to build and install.
- How do I get replacement parts for my FIREDISC® Cooker?
FIREDISC® offers replacement parts directly on our website. See details here. You can also contact our customer service team at email@example.com
or call us at (281)-206-2678
- Where are FIREDISC® products manufactured?
FIREDISC® products are designed in Texas and are manufactured overseas in several countries. However, our food grade products are made in the USA
- Can I use my FIREDISC® Cooker in another country?
All FIREDISC® products should be purchased in the country where they will be used. Along with certifications, variables from country to country in gas mixtures, gas pressures, regulators, fittings and gas cylinders prevent them from being compatible outside their country of origin. FIREDISC® Cookers cannot be converted for use in another country. All warranties are void when transported from the country of origin.
- Can I feed a lot of people with one FIREDISC® Cooker?
FIREDISC® is already setting records on numbers of people fed in one hour on a single cooker. We recommend you put it to the test and set your own record! Tell us about it with a picture on our .
- How do I start cooking on the FIREDISC® Cooker?
After assembling the unit, attach either a small green propane tank or use our conversion hose to tie in your large propane tank. Add about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan/disc, coating it. Turn the gas to “high” and light the fire with a long-stem grill lighter. You’re all set! Now cook right in the pan!
- The burner seems to “backfire” when I turn off the regulator. Is this normal?
This is normal. However, if backfiring ever occurs during cooking or when the regular is on, and you have not run out of gas, immediately turn off the regulator and do not try to re-light. Refer the safety and/or owner’s manual for re-lighting instructions.
- What if my regulator will not screw all the way into the burner?
The vents on the burner can get moved around during shipment to prevent the regulator from screwing in all the way. Please copy and paste the link below in your browser to see a PDF on how to re-situate the vents so your regulator can be screwed in properly. https://pdfhost.io/v/Ig35OorWV_Adjust_Burner_Vent_for_Regulator_Assembly135799pdf.pdf
- How to Season Your FIREDISC Cooker?
Watch the video below to learn how to season your FIREDISC® Cooker the exact way that our cookers season their FIREDISC®Cooker. These simple steps will help you season your FIREDISC® Cooker right! Seasoning your FIREDISC® helps protect it from rust and helps keep food from sticking or burning.
- Unboxing the FD