- 16 ounces pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 18 to 20 slices pepperoni
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, optional
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. If it's hard to roll, let it rest for 5 minutes so it can come to room temperature. For a large pizza, roll my dough into about a 14-inch diameter circle.
- Add sauce in a light layer all over the pizza, leaving about 1/4-inch crust around the edges. Add the pepperoni and sprinkle it over the sauce. Top the pizza with grated cheese and the rest of the pepperoni. Season with black pepper.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then rotate the pizza halfway so it cooks evenly. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and charred in spots.
- Use pizza peel to slide pizza out onto a cutting board. Let the pizza rest for a minute and slice into pieces. Season with fresh oregano (optional). Serve while warm with a side salad.
COOK TIME: 15 minutes