- 4 slices of fresh crusty bread, such as sourdough
- 1 granny smith apple peeled and sliced thinly
- 6 slices of smoked or regular Gouda cheese
- Heat your FIREDISC cooker over medium heat. Assemble the sandwiches as follows: bread, 1.5 slices cheese, apple slices, 1.5 slices cheese, then top with bread. Repeat for the second.
- Butter the top slice of bread. Sandwiches should be placed so that the buttered bread touches the cooker. Butter the top piece of bread.
- Place a sandwich press or pan on the sandwiches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until browned. Flip carefully and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, allowing them to brown (carefully – the second side usually cooks faster).