Grillax.com ProStaffers tested the FireDisc Grill and the ThermoWorks Thermapen while creating their rendition of Southern Fried Largemouth Bass with Spicy Hush Puppies on location at the Armadillo Ranch in central Mississippi. Both products performed well while creating this Southern staple.
- 15-20 largemouth bass filets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Peanut oil
- Ziploc bag
- Combine all dry seasonings into Ziploc bag.
- Add 5-10 filets to bag and shake until all fish is well coated.
- Add peanut oil to Fire Disc and bring temperature to 365-degrees.
- Drop coated fish filets into the oil and cook until the fish floats and is golden brown. Be careful not to overcook.
- Move to plate with paper towels to soak up excess oil.