The classic Louisiana dish, Blackened Redfish, gets a twist with our version of the classic Spicy Blackened Cod, and remember it’s all about the rub!
- 4 large cod fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup butter (whole stick)
- 2 level teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 level teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (you call the heat)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 level teaspoon of finely ground black pepper
- 1 level teaspoon ground cumin
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- For the rub, mix in the spices, salt, pepper, stir well.
- Rinse the cod fillets and dry with paper towel before adding the rub. Using your fingers, generously spread the rub all over both sides of the cod.
- Bring your FIREDISC® Cooker to high heat and let it get nice and hot. Drop your butter into the disc until it melts and starts to brown.
- Place your cod in the FIREDISC® and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Be warned that this cooking method will produce a lot of smoke, which is perfect for using a FIREDISC® since you’ll be outdoors.
- Very carefully, flip your cod and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes on the second side. Use half of your lemon and squeeze over the searing cod. Remove from disc into a platter.
- Use your remaining lemon half for squeezing over the fish in the platter, and top with parsley. This dish goes great with a chopped salad and buttered new potatoes topped with diced garlic.