Outdoor griddles not only offer the ability to cook incredible meals wherever life’s adventures take you, but they are also extremely easy to use. Meals crafted on a griddle taste great and help keep your friends and family fed on the go. The supreme versatility of an outdoor griddle means that you can cook a wide variety of easy-to-prepare, mouth-watering griddle recipes for dishes including:
- Quesadillas and so much more
Below, we’ll jump into some exciting cooking ideas for your griddle and then briefly cover the essential griddle care basics you can use to keep your FIREDISC® at the center of your outdoor cooking adventures for years to come.
GRIDDLE COOKING IDEAS FOR ANY OCCASION
There is no shortage of creative and delicious griddle recipes to help experienced or brand new FIREDISC® users quickly craft a culinary masterpiece. Griddles are so versatile that they are your one-stop-shop for all outdoor cooking needs including, but not limited to:
- Backyard barbecues and pool parties
- Picnics in the park
- Tailgating events
- Weekend camping adventures
- Hiking trips, trail runs and more
So let’s take a look at a few delicious ideas you can keep in mind for your next outdoor culinary adventure with your griddle:
- Brunch in your backyard: Add a touch of sophistication to your next outdoor meal by effortlessly whipping up a griddle omelet with fresh eggs, butter, salt and pepper, and other seasonings you enjoy. Saute and mix in green peppers, mushrooms, onions and more, and then serve with a side of sausage or bacon.
- Delicious turkey sandwiches on the go: Looking for a fast and tasty lunch in the outdoors? Pack some pastrami-cured turkey and your favorite cheese along with some bakery-fresh bread. Assemble your sandwich and toast on your griddle.
- Grilled salmon and vegetables: For a hearty and healthy dinner in the great outdoors, consider using your griddle to craft some mouth-watering seared salmon. Accompany the salmon fillets with an array of grilled vegetables with cracked black pepper and be sure to squeeze a fresh lemon on top of it all.
GRIDDLE CARE ESSENTIALS
Before you jump in and start cooking some of the gourmet masterpieces above, let’s spend a moment covering necessary FIREDISC® griddle care essentials. Keep your grill looking good and cooking well when you use these tips:
- Cleaning: After cooking a hearty meal for your hungry family on the griddle, be sure to clean the cooking surface properly. First off, allow it to cool down to the point where it is slightly warm. Then gently scrape food debris off of the surface with a spatula and wipe it down with a moist paper towel. Remove all moisture with a dry paper towel.
- Seasoning: Seasoning your FIREDISC® not only helps lock in delicious flavors, but it is also an integral part of the long-term care of your griddle. Seasoning involves applying multiple layers of cooking oil to the surface of a warm griddle to add a protective layer.
- Storage: Locate a dry, cool area to store your griddle. Avoiding moisture is key to preventing rust accumulation and it is essential to keep your propane tanks out of the heat. To maintain your griddle’s peak condition, use a heavy-duty cover to prevent dust accumulation and scratching.