Frozen Flavor Bombs!
“Quick, easy, and ready to go frozen flavor bombs!”
I’m going to give credit where credit is due as the guys at chefsteps.com are often a source of inspiration for both my cooking and blogging. They created a quick video to show you exactly how to make frozen flavor nuggets that you can add to the pan or FireDisc to baste your food with and add extreme flavor!
Fill your ice cube tray with herbs, top with olive oil or melted butter, cover with plastic, freeze, bag and label, and then use within 2 months! Super simple!
When you’re ready to cook, pop one or two out, toss in the FireDisc with chicken, pork or beef and baste. This will add so much flavor so quickly to the meat!
Here’s some quick tips on how to create these:
- Fresh herbs are always better!
- Use extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter.
- Label and date zip lock bags!
And here’s some great combinations (recommended by the guys at chefsteps.com):
- Chives, shallots, olive oil
- Rosemary, olive oil
- Coriander, orange peel, olive oil
- Sage, thyme, rosemary (for winter flavor)