Firedisc cooks dry-aged rib eyes to perfection. Season, sear, baste, grill to taste and enjoy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Two 2lb bone-in rib-eye steak, dry-aged (prefered)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 shallots, diced
- Kosher Salt
- Set the FireDisc to high heat and season your steak generously with salt on both sides.
- Sear the steaks when the pan is nice and hot and brown both sides and on the side of the steak with the fat, about 3 minutes per side.
- Set the FireDisc to low heat and move your steaks to the outer ring of your FireDisc.
- Add all other ingredients to the center of the FireDisc and with a large spoon baste your steaks.
- You may need to turn off the heat so as not to brown the butter too much.
- Baste your steaks for about 4 minutes for medium rare and 6 minutes for medium.
- Allow your steak to rest for 8 minutes and then cut. Enoy!
- Serve with sautéed vegetables or asparagus!