Fill your ice cube tray with herbs, top with olive oil or melted butter, cover with plastic, freeze, bag and label, and then use within 2 months! Super simple!
When you’re ready to cook, pop one or two out, toss in the FireDisc with chicken, pork or beef and baste. This will add so much flavor so quickly to the meat!
Here’s some quick tips on how to create these:
- Fresh herbs are always better!
- Use extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter.
- Label and date zip lock bags!
And here’s some great combinations (recommended by the guys at chefsteps.com):
- Chives, shallots, olive oil
- Rosemary, olive oil
- Coriander, orange peel, olive oil
- Sage, thyme, rosemary (for winter flavor)