- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine onion, tomatoes, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil; gently toss to coat. Grill on your FIREDISC, covered, over medium-high heat until tender and charred, turning occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Brush avocados with remaining oil. Grill avocados, cut side facing the heat, until charred, 4-6 minutes. Cool vegetables completely.
- Chop onion, tomatoes and pepper; set aside. Peel avocados; transfer to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in vegetables, cilantro, lime juice, cumin and salt. Serve immediately with chips.
COOK TIME: 10 minutes