- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 3/4"-thick slices country bread
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 c. diced mixed tomatoes (such as heirloom, vine-ripened, cherry, and grape)
- 1 c. cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 c. packed fresh basil leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Heat grill to medium-high and oil the grates. Brush bread, zucchini, and onion all over with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bread and veggies until bread is lightly charred and toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, and zucchini and onion are lightly charred and crisp-tender, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer grilled bread, zucchini, and onion to a work surface. Rub garlic on both cut sides of the bread, then let everything cool slightly.
- Cut bread into bite-size cubes, thinly slice zucchini crosswise, and chop onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and the vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Add bread cubes, zucchini, onion, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Toss to combine and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
COOK TIME: 25 minutes