Get the complex flavor of toasted nuts on your FIREDISC® cooker.
Toasting nuts isn’t only for good snacking. This method will boost the texture and crispiness. Whether they’re going in baked goods or on top of a salad, you get the better crunch.
And it’s easy to do.
Tips for toasting nuts
- Make the nuts exclusive. Resist the temptation to toss in different varieties of nuts. You risk uneven toasting. No one wants that.
- Try low and slow. Our recipe calls for medium heat; there’s nothing wrong with turning it down and taking your time.
- Know your nuts. Pine nuts are soft, and will take 5 minutes, tops. Almonds, pecans, and walnuts will take 7-8 minutes.
How to do it
- Fire up your FIREDISC® cooker to medium
- Toss the nuts into the ‘disc and spread them out
- Toss them around every 10 seconds or so
- Keep going for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant with toasty marks
- Turn off the FIREDISC® cooker
- Stir them a bit to keep them from charring until the ‘disc cools
These are great for cookie dough, dessert toppings, and football snacking. Don’t set out the whole container, or it might become a serving size! They’re tough to quit.