Beer Batter Fried Fish with a Fresh Cilantro Aioli
- For 1# of fish you will need about 1 qt of Fry Oil.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c beer
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 3/4 cup mayo
Whip together, quickly dunk fish in batter and bread with Panko bread crumbs. Fry in FireDisc till golden brown. Dry off, top with seasonings of your choice (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika).
Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and mix until well blended.
- The sugar and vanilla taste will give the fish a tempura style flavor.
- Soaking the fish in the cream will give it a dense crust.
- Batter is used to protect fish by absorbing the heat and allowing the outside of the fish not to burn as the middle cooks.
- Alcohol from the beer evaporates faster than water or milk, making lots of bubbles.
- Whipping the batter and causing more bubbles will make for a crispy and light crust that will "shatter".