- 1 pound small-size fresh crab meat, such as special or claw
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons), plus wedges, for serving
- 1 large egg (optional for certain meal plans)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fine saltine cracker crumbs (or unseasoned bread crumbs)
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Remoulade for Crab Cakes (see below)
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, egg, mustard, Old Bay, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add crumbs and crab meat to mayonnaise mixture; stir well to combine. Form mixture into 6-8 cakes.
- Heat FireDisc Cooker to medium high. Add oil and bring temperature to 350 degrees. Gently place the crab cake patties into the oil and cook for 6-8 minutes per side. Flip and remove once internal temperature reaches 155 degrees (Thermapen works well).
- Serve with remoulade sauce and lemon wedges.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley, hot sauce, whole-grain mustard, garlic, capers, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, scallion, salt, and cayenne pepper. Let sit for 1 hour for flavors to combine, then serve or cover and store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this seafood favorite at your next tailgate or get together.