- 7 unpeeled medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 quarts of ice water
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into thin slices. Place in a large bowl. Add ice water and salt.
- Soak for 30 minutes. Drain potatoes. Place on paper towels. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, celery salt, and pepper. Set aside. Heat 1 ½-inches oil to 375°.
- Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, stirring. Remove with an Ultimate Skimmer/Frying Weapon. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: Adjust cooking temperature if any stage of this — or any — recipe goes too fast or gets too hot. turn the heat down a bit and keep on cooking. Your FIREDISC® cooker heats quickly and evenly.