- 1 lb. ground elk meat
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. (very cold) grated butter, divided
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 4 hamburger buns (we recommend brioche)
- For serving – spicy mayo, lettuce, tomato
- Preheat your FIREDISC over medium-high heat.
- Add the elk to a bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Shape the ground meat into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Add a quarter of the grated butter to the center of each burger and fold it in half. Shape into a disc again, making sure all of the butter is now in the inside of the burger. Repeat for each burger.
- Place the burgers on your FIREDISC and grill for about 4 minutes per side or until they’re medium temperature (140-145F). During the last 2 minutes on the second side, add a slice of cheese to each burger.
- Serve with any desired toppings on a bun.
COOK TIME: 10 minutes