The holiday season often means you’ll be eating elevated meals soon.
First, hallelujah. Second, don’t get sucked into the easy and mundane when you’re called upon to provide the sweets at the holiday dinner table.
You’re a FIREDISC® chef. You’re better than that! You probably already have dabbled in the sweet side of ‘disc cooking, but even if you haven’t, it’s not hard to whip up something spectacular. Dessert is the crown jewel of the holiday dinner – make it worthy!
We’ve put together a list of proven FIREDISC® desserts, and proposed a couple we encourage you to transfer to your favorite means of cooking.
What is the appeal of dessert, especially for the holidays?
Dessert makes us feel good. And feeling good is critical to your well-being. Especially savored in moderation after a balanced meal, it’s fine to love dessert like a brother. If we deny ourselves these indulgences at times, especially in seasons of gratitude and celebration, we’re not fully experiencing this season to the fullest.
4 awesome desserts for your FIREDISC®
This year, during your little get-togethers, step outside, fire up the FIREDISC® and be that spectacular cook you were all summer long.
This recipe from the FIREDISC® collection yields about 3 dozen dots of deliciousness. You’ll need the deep disc, a deep-fry thermometer, and a small ice cream scoop.
Grilled Apples a la Mode
You’ll need aluminum foil for this one. Hint: The ice cream doesn’t go on the FIREDISC®.
What you’ll need
6 firm tart-sweet apples
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For serving: Vanilla ice cream
What you’ll do
- Heat FIREDISC® to medium-high heat
- Cut apples into quarter-inch slices (peeling optional)
- Place apples on a large sheet of aluminum foil
- Top with butter (cut into thin pats), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sugar
- Combine with fingers. Seal with another sheet of aluminum foil
- Poke holes in the foil to allow moisture to escape
- Grill over indirect heat for about 20-25 minutes, until apples are fork-tender
- Top with ice cream and serve
Thanks to our friends at A Couple Cooks for this recipe.
FIREDISC® Apple Fritters
This is a southern favorite, while we’re on the topic of apples. Granny Smith’s are ideal for this dish, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
You can find these Portuguese-Spanish treats everywhere now. You can find the tastiest ones right out of the FIREDISC®.
What you’ll need:
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
¼ stick unsalted butter
1 cup of water
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons sugar
Oil, for frying
What you’ll do:
- Place butter, sugar, water, and a pinch of salt into a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil
- Add the flour and mix vigorously until well blended (1-2 minutes)
- Remove from the stove and let it cool a bit
- Add the egg into cool dough, as fast as possible. Be patient as it forms into a churro dough
- Pour the oil into your FIREDISC® and heat to medium
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star piping tip with half of the dough at a time
- Check if the oil is ready for frying by dropping a small piece of the dough in. Once the dough turns nice brown, you are ready to pipe the churros in
- Pipe the dough directly into the hot oil (at the length of your choice) and cut with a fork
- Leave plenty of space between churros for best frying
- Turn over with the Ultimate Frying Weapon
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until a nice golden color appears gradually
Tip: If they color unevenly, reduce the temperature
- Remove from FIREDISC® with Ultimate Frying Weapon and place on kitchen towel
- While warm, roll each in a cinnamon-and-sugar mixture
- Serve warm with thick hot chocolate or chocolate pudding
Thanks to our friends at Happy Foods Tube for this recipe.
Get going for sweet somethings this holiday season
Your friends and family might be amazed these decadent desserts came from your portable outdoor cooker. Warn them not to try this over charcoals or a gas-grill grate. The versatility of your FIREDISC cooker truly knows no bounds – and isn’t modest about it in the least. Neither should you be.
Get your FIREDISC® today
No matter how you fare on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, there’s one way to do the holidays right: With dessert, fresh off the FIREDISC®. It’s the best way to delight and dazzle a captive audience. FIREDISC® will open a new world of cooking for you. Already have one? The holiday season is perfect for giving, too. Shop FIREDISC® today.