If you’re interested in tossing out a regular old spread for Christmas, well, this isn’t the blog for you.
Now, if you believe in going big or going home, read on. We suspect most of FIREDISC Nation is about going big. Otherwise, you’d just order sandwiches.
Here are some tips and recipes for doing this thing right.
Tips for hosting a holiday brunch
For lunch, the display is a factor. It’s got to be delicious, but it’s got to be pretty, too. Here’s some advice.
- Offer a variety. You’ll get some ideas from this guide. Sweet and savory, warm and cool, baked and fried. Load up a plate.
- Pick an eggy centerpiece. Prepare it the night before to warm up the next day. Check out the casserole dish below.
- Game-plan your prep. If it can be made ahead of time, do it. The less legwork you have on the big day, the more stable the brunch can be.
- Catering tray? That’s okay. You can do anything on a FIREDISC, but you don’t have to do everything on a FIREDISC. Compliment and supplement with a catering tray of bread, pastries, or cheeses.
- Make one item from scratch. Done right, holiday brunch can rival holiday dinner. Add your signature secret ingredient to your pancakes.
Dishes to consider for your holiday brunch
You’re welcome to customize as your tastes dictate, of course. Here are some ideas to get you started.
SWEET: FIREDISC FIREBALL PEACHES
Reveal the versatility of your FIREDISC in a delicious way.
SAVORY: FIREDISC® BUCCANEER BEEF EMPANADA
All the flavor you seek, in scrumptious pockets of goodness.
WARM: GAMEDAY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Use this fan-favorite gameday dish as a reference for a kickass centerpiece.
COOL: WILD ROSE PETAL SANGRIA
We predict this drink will tie the offerings together nicely.
BAKED: FIREDISC S’MORES BAKE
Talk the talk, walk the walk for an unforgettable brunch.
FRIED: TEXAS WAGYU SKIRT CHICKEN FRIED STEAK WITH COUNTRY GRAVY
It’d be a tragedy not to get a little bit southern with your spread.
The sky’s the limit with your holiday brunch plan. You’ve got a versatile cooker in place for a variety of delicious possibilities. Let’s cook.